Atlanta, GA Air Conditioning Company
For over 110 years, Moncrief has provided quality service as an Atlanta-based heating and air conditioning company.
Stephen Moncrief started the company in 1898 installing furnaces during the booming economy. Moncrief’s business partner, Laurence Kent Sr. took over the company after Moncrief died in 1932. However, the guiding principles of quality service continued. Even though ownership changed, the management and employees remained. The company was later passed to Thomas Mutz in 1972, who transitioned the company to his son, Frank Mutz, three years later.
- Air Conditioning – We install and repair all brands and types of air conditioning systems. Our Spring CoolMaxx™ Tune-Up is a preventative maintenance program for scheduled service. We focus on maximizing energy efficiency to keep you comfortable while lowering your utility bill.
- Heating – We install and maintain heating systems using the three main sources of fuel – gas, electricity and oil. From gas furnaces to electric heat pumps and everything in between, you can count on us to do it right.
- Indoor Air Quality – We specialize in helping you keep the cleanest air possible. Through our expertise in filtration, humidification and air infiltration, we can create an indoor environment of superior quality air.
- Engineering – We keep a full-time staff of Installation Engineers qualified to design custom solutions for your comfort needs.
- High Velocity Systems – The Unique Indoor Comfort System is a brand of high velocity air conditioning with faster air movement and less invasive ductwork. The advantage is that you don’t have to engage in major construction costs to route the ducts. Instead, the flexible ducts work with your home’s existing structure to deliver conditioned air in an unobtrusive manner.
- Generators – Our Engineers can design and integrate your system to seamlessly fall back on generated power when electricity fails. Generators can run on diesel or natural gas.
- Water Filters – We produce and install our own Moncrief SS-8 Whole House Water Filtration System. Likewise, we offer the APU24 High Output Germicidal Ultraviolet Light to protect against 99.9% of bacteria and viruses in your water.
- Service Plans – Our semi-annual maintenance plans help you keep your costs down and catch problems before they become emergencies.
Our Guiding Principles
While technologies change, our guiding principles are the same today as they were 100 years ago. By focusing on delivering superior service without cutting corners, our reputation for quality work has built a company that lasts. Our philosophy is to:
- Tell the Truth
- Do the Job Right the First Time
- Ask for Business
- Keep Accounting and Paperwork Simple
- Work to Build Lasting Relationships
We are one of the largest HVAC contractors operating in 15 counties in Georgia. Our service areas include: